Sweet Gesture

When the bus we were waiting for arrived, this woman got on before me. After she tapped her card on the machine, a beep came on signifying she didn't have enough money on her card. She tried again and got the same result.  Just as the passenger was about to get off, I pulled out my Oyster card that had cash on it and paid for her.

After thanking me, the woman offered to reimburse me, but I refused. She asked if she could buy me coffee, but I declined.

I was amazed how she was having difficulty receiving my gift. It was only £1.75.

During the journey, the woman approached me again and insisted on giving me a box of sweets which she said was from Cyprus. She told me she used to live in London, but now lives in Cyprus with her family. She was currently in London visiting her son and grandkids. She told me all about her family in Cyprus and what the weather was like.

After we got off the bus, I showed her where she could top up her card and then wished her well.

As for the sweets, I took them to work and left them in the staff kitchen for my colleagues to enjoy.

I believe God blesses us so we can be a blessing to others. ❤️

Photo of the sweets



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jesus Heals

The Holy Spirit's Language