What God Has in Store for Us
A few months back, a friend and I were planning to meet up to celebrate my birthday, but she had to cancel because of work commitments. She suggested some dates she was available to meet, but the earliest date that worked for both of us was in early October.
As soon as we met, my friend handed me a bag of gifts. I was overwhelmed with gratitude. As I was working that evening, I didn't open my gifts until a day later.
In my goodie bag were clothes, shoes, flip-flops, a scarf, sweets. She had even put some cash in my belated birthday card. I gave the flip-flops to my flatmate as I thought she could use them when she goes swimming.
After I texted my friend to thank her, she replied: "God is good and a Generous God." She said she has more things to give me next time we meet up.
Just like my friend had all these gifts for me for when I am open to receive them, I believe God has infinite blessings for His children. As it is written:
"Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him." 1 Corinthians 2: 9
However, God is not going to force His blessings on anyone.
I am reminded of when Jesus went to teach in Nazareth, His home town, and He was rejected by his own people. "He could do no mighty work there" because of their unbelief.(Mark 6: 5-6) In other words, they were not open to receive what God has prepared for them.
Thank you, God, for pouring Your blessings for me through my friend. ❤️
Photo of the bag of gifts I received from my friend before I opened them.

Comments
Post a Comment