Renewing Your Mind

When the bus I was waiting for was arriving, I looked out for cyclists. 

A while back, when they started putting cycle lanes on pavements, to avoid collisions there was an announcement on buses reminding passengers to look out for cyclists when they are getting off the bus.  

I've now become super-alert for cyclists whenever I am getting on and off buses, and crossing the road. In other words, my subconscious mind has been reprogrammed to include cyclists.

I'm reminded of that verse in the Bible (Romans 12: 2) which teaches Christians to renew their minds. When you meditate on the Word of God/the Bible, your soul or subconscious mind is being reprogrammed so you get to live out God's will for you. 

Years ago, I went through a period of extreme exhaustion and I wasn't able to work. I kept meditating on Isaiah 46: 4 (see verse below) and believing God was going to heal me.  After weeks of the same, my brother convinced me to see a doctor.  I registered with a local GP who took a blood test. That evening, I received an urgent call from the GP telling me I was severely anaemic and he wanted me to have blood transfusion immediately. He also suggested I started taking iron tablets. I told him I needed time to think about it. I promised to let him know my decision in a few days.  

In the meantime, I continued meditating on the same Bible verse and believing. At first, it felt like I was getting better, but one day I started getting heart palpitations and called the ambulance. When I opened the door, the paramedic said, "Where is the patient?" as he wasn't convinced I was ill. I had to beg him to take me to the local hospital as I was now prepared to have the blood transfusion.

After they did a blood test, the doctor told me although I was still anaemic, she wasn't going to give me blood transfusion as she didn't think it was right for me. She then sent me home with a prescription for iron tablets.  I never did get those iron tablets.  I was gradually healed and got back to normal.

When you've spent years following the world's beliefs, it could take a while to get your soul reprogrammed to God's world view. But when you do, life becomes wonderful. 

Thank you, God,  for giving us the Bible. ❤️

-----

Relevant Bible verses:

“Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the path of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night. He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither; and whatever he does shall prosper.” Psalms 1: 1-3 

“Even to your old age, I am He, And even to gray hairs I will carry you! I have made, and I will bear; Even I will carry, and will deliver you.” Isaiah 46: 4 

“And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.” Romans 12: 2 

"Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 5: 23

“All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.” 2 Timothy 3: 16-17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jesus Heals

Let There Be Light!