The Elephant in the Room
While I was working with a volunteer at this museum's cloakroom, a man came in with his young daughter. He asked us if anyone had handed in a cuddly toy elephant. I looked in the lost property drawer, but it was empty. Right at that moment a colleague, who is very experienced with the museum's procedures, was walking by and heard our conversation. She asked the man to fill in a form and promised to get back to him when we find the elephant.
After the man and his daughter walked away, I asked my colleague to show me where the forms were kept and she explained the museum's lost property procedures. I then asked her how she had known I needed help at that very moment. She said it must have been her intuition.
While we were chatting, I noticed one of the duty managers walking by. I called out to her and said hello. We noticed she was wearing a top with lots of tiny elephants. We laughed and told her a little girl had lost her elephant.
The volunteer and I went back to serving visitors. A few minutes later, the same man and his daughter returned to let me know they had finished doing the stamp trail around the museum, but one of the stamping machines wasn't working. I stamped the card using one of our special stamps and then handed the little girl a badge, which she was very pleased with.
Right at that moment, the experienced colleague was back waving the toy elephant. Apparently, another colleague had found the elephant. She was amazed to see the man and his daughter back at the cloakroom.
The little girl was overjoyed to be reunited with her precious elephant.
After the man and the girl left, my colleagues and I marvelled at how everything had worked out so perfectly.
I believe the real Elephant in the room is God, who is working behind the scenes.
Thank you, God, for constantly showing me Your wonderful works. ❤️
-----
Relevant Bible verses:
"Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.’" Jeremiah 33: 3
"for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure." Philippians 2: 13
Comments
Post a Comment