The Barcode

After I had finished scanning and paying for my stuff at the supermarket's self-checkout, I noticed this man scanning his receipt at the gate to let him out, but it didn't open. After trying twice, he pulled his phone out to, presumably, scan the receipt on his phone, but the gate remained closed.

I said to him, "let me have a go." 

As soon as I scanned the barcode on my receipt, the gate opened for me.  I told the man and the woman he was with to come through and they thanked me.

The barcode reminds me of what Jesus told His disciples that He is the only way to the Father God.  All born again Christians are Christ's representatives, pointing the way to Christ.

You can try as many barcodes as you like, but they're never going to open that Gate. Believe me, I've tried many barcodes and they were useless.

I am the barcode opening the gate of the supermarket so others can walk through. 😀

-----

Relevant Bible verses:

“You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.  Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven." Matthew 5: 14-16

 "Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." " John 14:6

"Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God." 2 Corinthians 5: 20





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jesus Heals

The Holy Spirit's Language