To Love is to Do a DBS Check

To volunteer for this particular organisation, I've had to have an enhanced DBS (discosure barring service) criminal record check as I will be working with vulnerable adults and possibly kids.

Having a DBS check has become the norm these days, at least in the jobs I've had. I have had enhanced DBS checks when I've worked as a carer, at schools, in church and as a volunteer at this hospital.  To work on set, casting agencies won't offer you work unless you have a basic DBS. I also need a basic DBS for my jobs in visitor experience, as I'm working with kids a lot of the time.

I think it's sad that society has come to this that you have to do a criminal check to work with kids and vulnerable adults, but I believe this is society's way of loving your neighbour.

I have always wanted to work for this organisation so I thank God for blessing me with this wonderful opportunity to be a blessing to others. ❤️

----

Relevant Bible verses:

"In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.  Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another." 1 John 4:10-11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God's Timing is Perfect

Jesus Heals