Sorry!
One word British people use a lot is "sorry." We are constantly saying sorry to each other. You get so used to saying "sorry" it becomes part of your DNA.
At the museum I was working at today, I found myself saying sorry it was so hot in the museum as if it was my fault we're having this prolonged heatwave and the lack of airconditioning.
On the bus home, this man and woman got on. Just as they were about to sit down, the bus lurched forward, and he fell back crushing my knee with his huge rucksack. I pushed him forward and told him to mind his rucksack. Immediately, the woman he was with said, "sorry" and they continued chatting as if nothing had happened. Although I was still feeling resentful about my knee, I could feel the pain in my knee and my grievance melting away. By the time I got off the bus, 15 minutes later, my knee was perfectly fine and I was back to my joyful self.
When I got home, my flatmate's cat, Zeus, was in a bad mood. His mum is away and I'm looking after him. Before I went to work, I fed him and left him some dry food which he hadn't finished. The window was open so he was free to come in and out as he pleases. I even left my bedroom door open so he could lie on my bed.
After feeding him his favourite snacks, he was still glaring at me. I said to him, "Sorry, Zeus, for being out all day. I had to go to work." He then went to the kitchen to finish the remainder of his dry food, came into my bedroom and fell asleep on my bed. When he woke up, he came to me for some cuddles.
I believe there is power in the word "sorry" because you are apologising for something which leads to forgiveness. That's why I had to let go of my physical and emotional pain and Zeus let go of his resentment.
Sorry everyone! 😀
----
Relevant Bible verses:
"Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you." Ephesians 4: 31-32
Photo of Zeus asleep on my bed

Comments
Post a Comment