Letting Go of Unforgiveness
At the museum I was working at, a large group of European teenage students and their guides came in. While I was patrolling one gallery, I noticed a student breaking the museum rules. When I asked her to stop, she and her friend became quite obnoxious. I reported the matter to the duty manager. I also shared my experience with a colleague and she was very sympathetic.
After work, I walked with a colleague to the local tube station. I noticed the same group of students standing by listening to their guide.
When I arrived at the platform, there was a train already there, but the doors closed before I could get on. I didn't mind missing that train as the next train was due in a few minutes.
Suddenly, I noticed the same group of European students coming down the escalators to catch the train I was waiting for. They spread down the platform. I walked to the far end of the platform as I didn't want to travel in the same carriage with them. When the train arrived, I got a seat. There were still a few students in my carriage.
It got me thinking about the importance of forgiveness. When you hold unforgiveness in your heart, the memory follows you everywhere. I believe the students represent the grudge I was still holding, and that thought made me chuckle. 😀 It was time to forgive the two students.
When I got off the train, in my thoughts I blessed the entire group and wished them well.
Unforgiveness is too heavy a burden to keep on carrying with you. ❤️
-----
Relevant Bible verses:
"Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you." Ephesians 4: 31-32
Comments
Post a Comment