Freedom from Suicide
After hearing about this perron who had committed suicide, I felt sad for his loved ones.
Many years ago, when I was constantly feeling depressed and suicidal, I decided to give myself a reason to keep on living. I made a pact with myself that if I can love at least one person a day, I can delay suicide for 8 billion days, which gave me temporary relief.
At the end of a relationship with my boyfriend who I was hoping to marry, I was back at that dark place and I started thinking about suicide, but I couldn't go through with it as I didn't want to hurt my mum, the person I loved most in the world. After my mum passed away and I was feeling depressed, I no longer wanted to stay. I asked a Christian friend to pray for me and it gave me temporary relief, but the suicidal urge kept coming back.
When I finally gave my life to Christ by receiving Jesus as my Lord and Saviour, suicide no longer had any power over me as Christ, who is alive forevermore (Revelation 1: 18), was now my life. Christ's joy erased all depression and suicidal thoughts.
I believe it is impossible to defeat the spirit of suicide by willpower, only Jesus Christ can through the Holy Spirit.
God bless everyone going through depression. May you all come to know Christ who is everlasting life. ❤️
-----
Relevant Bible verses:
"Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.” Nehemiah 8: 10
"Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ says the Lord of hosts." Zechariah 4: 6
"But Jesus looked at them and said, 'With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible.'" Mark 10: 27
"For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death." Romans 8: 2
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." 2 Corinthians 5: 16-17
"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Galatians 2: 20
"For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory." Colossians 3: 3-4
"And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death." Revelation 1: 17-18
Comments
Post a Comment