Love Casts Out Fear
A few days ago, I asked a friend if he fancied going for a walk with me. He instantly agreed and we arranged to meet up at his house and go from there.
When I checked the weather forecast, I saw it was going to be another hot day and I didn't fancy being out in the heat. I've also been getting heat rash and insect bites, even though I now carry an insect repellant with me.
I had to give myself a good talking to. I can't let the heat and insects steal my joy!
God has not given me a spirit of fear. His love casts out fear.
Today, I met my friend at the agreed time, but I persuaded him to go to a park which has lots of shade. I didn't even use the insect repellant and I was fine.
My friend and I had a lovely time.
Thank you, God, for the lovely day out.❤️
-----
Relevant Bible verses:
"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1: 7
"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love." 1 John 4: 18

Comments
Post a Comment