Creature Comforts
When I told my flatmate that the night before I had tried to keep cool by putting a damp towel around my neck, she gave me a spare "cooling down towel" which she said is designed for that purpose. I told her I wasn't even aware there was such a thing.
I tested it by draping the wet cooling down towel around my neck, chest and shoulders. It does keep you cool until the towel dries out and you have to wet it again.
However, I didn't use it when I went to sleep as I don't want to be dependent on it. Instead, I prayed for God to keep me cool and give me comfortable sleep, which He did.
I believe that "cooling down towel" represents the life of comfort that a lot of people enjoy, especially in the West. If you have money, you can have anything you want.
Because we appear to have easy access to all the creature comforts and gadgets that we want, we start to believe the visible reality as our source of supply, which is limited; instead of looking to God, the invisible source, which is limitless. Only when people get desperate do they start to call on the invisible God for His divine intervention.
So while I appreciate the creature comforts of life, I know that they are nothing in comparison to what God has in store for His children.
Thank you, Father, for Your constant supply. ❤️
-----
Relevant Bible verses:
“Ho! Everyone who thirsts, Come to the waters; And you who have no money, Come, buy and eat. Yes, come, buy wine and milk Without money and without price. Why do you spend money for what is not bread, And your wages for what does not satisfy? Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, And let your soul delight itself in abundance." Isaiah 55: 1-2
"Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him." 1 Corinthians 2: 9
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen...By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible." Hebrews 11:1, 3
"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning." James 1: 17
Photo of yours truly with the cooling down towel

Comments
Post a Comment